What we fund
The use of our funds is determined by the needs and requests of the two neonatal units and includes:
Specialist High-Tech Equipment
- state of the art incubators
- apnoea monitors
- infant defibrillator etc.
- help with travel and food costs
- bereavement support
- support groups
- hardship funds etc.
- University courses for nurses
- travel and accommodation for conferences
- journal subscriptions etc.
Developmental care is the use of a range of medical and nursing interventions to decrease the stress of preterm neonates in neonatal intensive care units and aims to maximise brain development and reduce long-term cognitive and behavioural problems
- welcome bags for every parent containing vital items for their journey on the unit
- Mini Boo’s to reduce stress caused by separation, improve lactation and lower baby’s blood pressure
- gel pillows
- Zaky hands
- cots and incubator covers to reduce light and noise etc.